As I sit here and write this post.. it is less than two weeks until I say I do to the love of my life. God has truly blessed me with this amazing man that I get to now call mine forever. Well, as of November 26. I can’t believe that it has already been six months since Barrett has proposed to me and that in April it’ll be five years since we first began dating.
Barrett and I’s engagement has been a quick one, like we always planned. We knew once we decided to tie the knot that it wouldn’t take us long to know what we wanted. We knew we wanted a Fall wedding but we also knew that we didn’t want to wait another year and a half to say I do and commit to one another. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, so what better day to get married near but Thanksgiving.
As our wedding approached quickly, my photographer, Taylor, reached out to me and reminded me of our engagement photos that we needed to get done. So I quickly called Barrett to see when a good time was for both of us. Once the session was scheduled, I felt the panic set in. All I could think about was what are we going to wear? Do we have to match? What colors go together? Do I wear a dress? Do I get my hair done? What poses do I want? Where? What? Why? The questioning in my head went on and on. Neither of us had ever had a professional photograph session done so we were at a loss.
Finally, I sat down and took these steps:
- Let your photographer pick out the place to take pictures if you’re not sure. Photographers are photographers for a reason. They have a creativity that some of us may lack. (We all have our strengths and this just does not happen to be one of them)
- Go on pinterest and find a couple of cute picture ideas, put them on a board, send them to your photographer, and be done. Let her take the lead. Again, she is the photographer for a reason.
- Pick out your outfits ahead of time. Make sure to not be too matchy, because you want these photos to be a realistic resemblance of your love. Coordinate, but not too much.
- Relax and be real. Barrett and I had so much fun with our photographer for our photos because we were just real. We did the poses and we made them ours. I feel this made the photos turn out well because we were doing them but with our own touch and personality.
- Remember to have fun! You only get to do this once!