So this recipe was definitely inspired by my cravings for Chipotle salads lately. I was walking through Target deciding what I wanted for dinner and I couldn’t stop thinking about a nice “Fajita” type bowl. I decided to pick up the ingredients that sounded good and threw something together when I got home. My protein was strictly black beans and my husband’s was chicken and black beans. This meal was inexpensive, easy, and delicious! A lot of the ingredients I needed I already had at home!
- 1- 9.7oz bag of Archer Farms Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1- 1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Sliced Fajita Style
- 1- 15 oz can of Black Beans
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce (However much you want as your bed) I used bagged/
pre-chopped lettuce for the sake of simplicity.
- Sour Cream (Use as you wish)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fajita Seasoning
- Begin cooking your bag of rice according to the directions on the back
- Chop your chicken fajita style while warming EVOO in your pan on low
- Cook your chicken thoroughly on Medium-High
- Place your bed of lettuce at the bottom of your bowl
- Add your cooked chicken
- Add your black beans
- Add your toppings (Sour Cream, Cheese, Salsa, Avocado, etc.)